This Policy Affords cover for losses which arise from Fire & Explosion, together with added Perils such as Earthquake, Hurricane, Riot & Strike, Flood, etc..
In the event of a loss, you should do the following:
- Take reasonable steps to secure and protect the remaining property
- Consult with Contractors, Architects, Engineers and/or Quantity Surveyors to determine the extent of damage and obtain the relevant estimates
- Obtain quotation for removal of debris
- Submit claim form with itemized list of all real and personal property damaged as a result of the loss and quotations for repair or replacement (as applicable).
- Obtain a Technician’s Report for any damaged electronic items that you have insured. These items must be kept for inspection by the adjuster.
- Keep us informed of any developments as they arise.
- When meeting with Insurers/Adjusters, establish agreement as to the nature and extent of salvage. Sell or dump as agreed.