This Policy Affords cover for losses which arise from Fire & Explosion, together with added Perils such as Earthquake, Hurricane, Riot & Strike, Flood, etc..
In the event of a loss to fire or a special peril, you should do the following:
- Take reasonable steps to secure and protect the remaining property
- Implement contingency business plan and advise us on how you wish to proceed
- Consult with Architects, Engineers and Quantity Surveyors to determine the extent of damage and obtain the relevant estimates
- Obtain quotation for removal of debris
- Obtain information from local or foreign suppliers on both the availability and replacement cost of Stock, Plant, Machinery and Equipment
- Prepare and itemized list of all real and personal property damaged as a result of the loss. Keep separate worksheets and files on all loss details.
- Present a detailed Statement of Claim with supporting documentation.
- Keep us informed of any developments as they arise
- When meeting with Insurers/Adjusters, establish agreement as to the nature and extent of salvage. Sell or dump as agreed.
TIP: Diligent contingency planning can result in significant benefits to your business should a loss occur- levels of damage, downtime and recovery time can all be positively affected by having a good plan.