All Risks Property, Equipment, Machinery
Covers all risks of physical loss or damage to scheduled property subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.
In the event of a loss, you should do the following:
- Take all reasonable steps to secure and protect remaining property as well as to minimize loss or damage to machinery/ property and disruption to the business.
- Immediately identify and obtain details of all employees and/or witnesses who were on the spot at the time of the occurrence.
- Leave as much of the evidence as possible available for inspection by the Loss Adjuster providing that this does not cause further damage or danger.
- With regard to physical damage losses, unless an emergency, do not undertake repairs to property until first discussed with the Adjuster.
- In the event of urgent remedial steps being required, keep accurate records and sketches / photographs or video recording to prevent later disagreements as to the extent of the remedial measures that were necessary.
- It is essential to furnish accurate details of the incident as far as possible and submit such details without delay, in order to give the Loss Adjuster an opportunity to investigate the circumstances of the accident whilst the facts are still fresh in the minds of all concerned.
- Nominate a person(s) to lead the restoration task and assign specific roles and responsibilities to required personnel.
- If damaged is caused by a suspected defect, check similar equipment.
- Consult with Architects, Engineers and Quantity Surveyors to determine the extent of damage and obtain the relevant estimates.
- Obtain quotation for removal of debris, if applicable.
- Obtain information from local or foreign suppliers on both the availability and replacement cost of Stock, Plant, Machinery, and Equipment.
- Where possible, obtain agreement from the loss adjuster on all actions to be taken and the process for settlement request. Do not commit to a significant purchase or expenditure without the prior approval of the loss adjuster or insurer
- Consider measures to expedite the repair and or replacement process and any other possibilities to mitigate the loss and its impact