This policy affords cover for damage and losses as the result of forcible and violent entry into the premises.
In the event of a loss, you should do the following:
- Report the matter to the nearest Police Station. Ensure you note the details of the Police Officer taking your report, and note also the time and date of your report.
- Secure the premises if required, in order to reduce further losses.
- Obtain and complete the necessary claim form from our Offices.
- Take an inventory in order to establish exactly what has been stolen and the extent of any damage to the premises.
- Prepare and present to us a detailed statement of claim, together with copies of invoices and estimates to substantiate amounts being claimed. The list of missing items can be submitted on a separate sheet of paper, if necessary.
- Substantiate the total value at risk on
each item of insured property.